Time critical is to key hospital personnel and executives. We offer a streamlined and comprehensive training program that is cost-effective, highly informative, and maximizes time by segmenting the training throughout the course. Best practice is that an organization builds a Hospital Incident Management Team (HIMT) that identifies and trains staff to fill the Incident Command level and Section Chief positions:
- Three to five people for the Incident Commander
- Two to three people for the Command Staff and Section Chief Staff
- One to two people for the Branch/Unit level positions
Cross-training is critical as most organizations have limited staff to fill these roles. Education and opportunities to practice in these positions should be provided frequently to all those identified as part of the HIMT.
Our training is divided into four segments as follows:
- Incident Command and Command Staff
- Operations – General Staff Roles and Responsibilities
- Planning – General Staff Roles and Responsibilities
- Logistics – General Staff Roles and Responsibilities
These sessions are then followed with a drill in which specific local demographics are utilized and practical use of the day’s training is applied.